Pages

Wednesday 12 December 2012

12/12/12

Today is a special day. It is 12/12/12. This is the last repetitive date I will experience in my life - unless I live to be 104, nearly 105 and make it to 1st January 2101. Probably not. So, what do you do when you get a date like this? Um, well if you're secretly little weirdo dreamers like me and my friends, you probably make a wish at a certain time. Like, it was 12.12pm today, 11.11am and 11.11pm last year. That was the highlight of my day.


It was in a free period so we all stopped work at 12.12pm and sat there for a minute in silence, wishing away. So lame, I know. I wish for practically the same thing every single year. Last year, on 11/11/11 at 11.11am, I was in a history lesson writing up controlled assessment - a 2500 word essay on Northern Ireland's troubles (about which I remember nothing). My friend and I stopped writing and, again, just sat there saying nothing. Lame lame lame, I know. I hate history so much.


Today has actually been bloody boring. Having chicken bake for dinner though which is my favourite meal EVER. I might put a recipe up or something, later. The book I'm currently reading is Siren by Tricia Rayburn. I think it's in my top twenty books of all time but it's pretty hard to decide because there are so many. It's about a girl called Vanessa and her life after her sister, Justine, dies. Justine was thought to have jumped off a cliff after an argument with their parents but Vanessa doesn't agree. God, I'm so crap at writing reviews, it's unreal. Basically, there are some sirens - evil mermaid-type things - who do some evil things and Vanessa has to overcome that with the help of this hot guy, Simon. It's not your typical chick flick - much more mystery and suspense-y stuff than that. Anyway, it's so amazing and there are two sequels, Undercurrent and Dark Water, which you should also definitely read. Pretty sure there's an extra one too called Pulse, but I'm not really sure where in the storyline it fits in.






No comments:

Post a Comment