Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

Bollywood night!

On Friday night, I went to a Bollywood-themed dinner party which was a lot of fun. Getting there was an adventure in itself as I'd never been to that town before, let alone going by myself in the dark. I can't even tell you how many hours I pored over Google maps for, planning my route to make sure I didn't get lost. Please tell me I'm not the only one who worries obsessively about getting lost, thus over-using Google maps. Please say you do it too.


So, for a Bollywood-themed night, of course curry will be served. But I wasn't expecting Indian style sweets for dessert or for my friend hosting to provide us with bindis bought from an actual sari shop (this town is really really multicultural with an extremely high population of people from India). Apparently I live in a "really white area" so I love going to places where there's more culture and different styles of shops and things. I digress.




(I would like to apologise for the extremely obvious placing of the alcohol bottles in this photo. I think the girl who took it subtly wanted to show her friends via facebook that we are cool enough to drink alcohol. I'm merely posting this here as it's the only photo of the food - which was beautifully presented. I'm sorry.)


The controversial Indian sweets which one appears to either love or hate. I love.


Outfit for Friday 10th May:

Jacket: TK Maxx, £15
Top: Dorothy Perkins, £4
Culottes: TopShop, £28 (can you tell I'm obsessed with them yet?)
Boots: Shoe Zone, £15



I went for a run the following morning which was horrific with a still full stomach from the curry but you always just feel so freaking good after exercise that it was worth it. This is my usual let's-exercise-and-look-like-we're-fit outfit but as I always get a double sausage and egg McMuffin after the run, I think it kind of defeats the point.


Song of the day:

Thinking - Against The Current NY

No comments:

Post a Comment