Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

I've got nostalgic pavements

I'm finding it hard to believe six days have slipped by since I last blogged. If you'd have asked me, I'd have said maybe three. Everything's flashing by so quickly right now. I'll be doing a little bullet point list of what's happening right now (as usual) because I'm feeling pretty lazy.


1. Only thirty days till Christmas! (Cue Nevershoutnever) It's also my friend's three year anniversary with her boyfriend. She was fourteen when they got together, and he was thirteen. I don't know how they do it. I can't last two months with someone without feeling all weird and freaking out, so hats off to them.

2. I actually love my job at McDonald's. The people are so lovely, although I'm feeling a bit weird because two guys there asked for my number this weekend and I'm definitely not used to that kind of thing.

3. I have a bloody lot of work from school right now. I've even made a little homework plan and, let me tell you, I haven't done that since May when I had six exams in ten days. It's getting that bad.

4. Sometimes I feel all cold and have the urge to be cuddled but let's refer back to point number one and realise it's not going to happen anytime soon. What are best friends for, hey? Cuddles, that's what.

5. I finally finished my EPQ essay today. As I'm doing an artefact, the accompanying essay only needs to be 1,000 words long, yet my supervisor wasn't happy. She told me to look at my extremely attractive friend's (aka my future husband's) project from last year as he also did an artefact. His essay to go with it was 5,000 words long. Mine is currently 1,300... I don't smell an A* coming my way.

6. I donated blood for the second time on Thursday. I love the free food they give you afterwards, best part if you ask me. I did feel a bit lightheaded afterwards and had a bit of a headache but I coped. On Saturday though, I felt horribly weak when I went for a run. I ran so slowly that I'm not sure it even qualifies as any more than a shuffle, and I got the slowest time I have for months. Ah well, it's worth it, save a life and all that!



7. My best friend from year seven to year eleven, who dropped out of school in June, who failed all her AS exams, who started smoking regularly and doing drugs, who has an STD from sleeping unprotected with multiple guys in the past few months, who lived on the streets for several months, has just moved in with her twenty seven year old drug dealer, convicted criminal boyfriend. She's eighteen. I don't really know what to do about that one.

8. Apart from big occasions like parties, I haven't worn eye makeup in about two months which I'm pretty happy about. Like, I've become so used to not wearing it that when I do, the effect is ten times better. Try it, it really makes you feel good about yourself!


And there ends the lowdown on this week. I just realised that point number seven really puts into perspective how trivial all my problems are, yet it's difficult for me to feel sympathetic as all said-ex-best-friend's problems, well, she brought them on herself. I might do a post on it all later, I'm a bit lost about it. She's doing okay, though. Hope you're all having a good November!


Song of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment