Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Winter Tag 2013

Hey everyone! I'm a bit bored right now and was having a cheeky stalk of Ellen's blog when I saw she'd done the Winter Tag. I love her blog and reading about the things she gets up to so definitely go and take a look at her. She's tagged everyone, so boredom and procrastination equals me doing this. Let's get started.


1. What are your top two winter beauty essentials?

Okay, let's be honest: I'm not really big on skincare or anything. I'm a bit too lazy to have a consistent routine. I do, however, love Neutrogena's grapefruit face moisturiser which I try to use every morning before I put on any makeup. I also love a good lipbalm, my favourite of which at the moment is Maybelline's Baby Lips in Minty Fresh. It's a clear balm but it's really moisturising and I've always liked menthol-type balms because they burn, but in a good way, you know?


2. What are your top two winter fashion essentials?

I love my Doc Martens. They're little floral ones but I like to wear them with everything, clashing or not. They're waterproof and keep my feet warm which is obviously a bonus. I also like to wear a huge coat, kind of parka-style, to wrap up nice and warmly. Plus, I think Doc Martens, a skirt, and an oversized coat is always a cute look.


3. What shoes do you tend to wear most in the winter?

Doc Martens by far. I'm also lucky enough to be getting a new pair - nice and navy - for Christmas this year, so I'll be wearing those a lot in the post-Christmas winter. God, this post is basically an exact copy of Ellen's, sorry! But Doc Martens are the ultimate winter boot. And summer boot, come to think of it.


4. What is your favourite winter accessory?

Well, this little tale is going to make me sound like an actual tramp, but here we go. I walk to and from school every day and, for three days, twice a day, I walked past a tree with a beautiful scarf hung over it. This poor little scarf had been hanging there limply in the rain for days and days so I decided it needed to be rescued. I took it home and washed it, and now I wear it with love. It's kind of colour blocked, red and orange, and feels sort of woolly but it's definitely polyester. I'll try and post a photo of it soon, but yes, that's my favourite winter accessory.


5. What is your favourite winter nail polish?

I used to paint my nails a lot but I can't anymore because my job doesn't allow it, waah! I do love a colour from Accessorize though, called Aztec in shade 38. It's black with lots of purple/green shimmer, so it looks a bit witchy sometimes but also pretty classy. I love dark nails for the colder months.


6. What is your favourite winter candle?

What is this sudden obsession with candles, yo? Why does everyone love them? I blame Zoella. I'm not really big into candles but I burn incense a lot. My favourite scent is Nag Champa, and I'm pretty sure you can buy it anywhere. I get mine from Camden market but I definitely saw it in Amsterdam too. Highly recommend!


7. Snowboarding or skiing?

I've not been snowboarding or skiing. I think I'd probably be more of a skiing person though, because it looks like (and correct me if I'm wrong) it requires less balance. I lack good balance. Snowboarding looks too much like skateboarding which I happen to be awful at so that's ruled out straightaway. I would love to go skiing though!


8. Does it snow where you live?

It does indeed! We usually get it post-Christmas though, most often in February. I live in South London and, surprisingly, we get it definitely half-way-up-shin-height, but sometimes to our knees. Enough for school to be cancelled which, really, is all we want. I love snow but the ice afterwards - oh my god, no thank you. I cannot tell you how many times I've fallen over. My poor coccyx will never recover.


And there we have this year's winter tag! I might try and get one done for every season, I think that would be pretty fun. On another note, I'm so sad about Google Friend Connect disappearing. Like, what's up with that?! All hail Bloglovin, I guess. Feel free to follow me on there and I'll do the same because I need to be kept updated with all of your lovely lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment