Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

My day in not-my pictures

2014 Blogger Challenge - post 7


If you pop back here often to read my posts, you may know that I don't actually have a camera. Or a phone which takes pictures. I'm basically a caveman. So when I saw an email from Gaby titled "Photo challenge" for the next post in the 2014 Blogger Challenge series, I felt like crying. And then I was like, well there are billions of photos on the internet... so I can just use those. Let me just clarify, none of these photos are my own, I did not take any of them, nor am I claiming rights to them, bla bla, we all know how that disclaimer goes, but I will credit them - don't you worry.


I'm going to insert little not-my-photos of things I've done today because I had a pretty fabulous day. My mum and I popped down to Brighton for a few hours because we realised we hadn't been there in a while and that we hadn't had a great day out together recently. It's also my eighteenth birthday in nine days (!!!!!!) so we had a look in the jewellery shops in The Lanes to pick something out.


We got on the National Express at 9am and so arrived in Brighton just after 10am. I really needed a wee (coffee does that to ya) so we found a Pret and I used their relatively clean toilets (7/10) while my mum bought a chocolate bar, as if to justify our using their loos.

Source

Then we went for a little wander around all The Lanes (should I capitalise that?) and took little peeks in all the jewellery shops. There are hundreds - it seemed! - but I was after an opal ring because I think they look absolutely beautiful. The budget was £200 though, give or take, so we had to kiss goodbye to a lot of the higher end boutiques. #FirstWorldProblems.

Source

We then went for a wander in North Laine and I think it was there that we stumbled across Pearl's Bubble Tea. Wowee, I'm feeling like I need another one right now. Apparently I'm a bit late to jump on the bubble tea bandwagon; most people already know what it is, I'm told. (Grandma syndrome!) I went for a fruity iced tea which consisted of apple flavoured green tea topped with mango juice balls. How do they even make those juice balls?! They just feel like grape skin or something filled with a delicious mango juice. I'm definitely going back there.

Source

It was about lunchtime by this stage and I was bloody starving so on our hunt for a place to eat, we found Street Thai. I think it was in the square in The Lanes, but don't hold me to that. I had chicken satay to start, and pad Thai for my main course. Believe it or not, it was my first ever pad Thai! It was pretty yummy and the waitresses were the biggest babes in the world. Apparently, my bladder is the size of a pea so I used Street Thai's fabulous toilets which smelled like heaven (9/10).

Source

With bellies full of noodles and chicken, my mum and I headed back to a jewellery shop to try on a ring we'd seen before and which I'd fallen in love with. It's a white opal set in gold and we found it lurking on the lowest shelf of an antique jewellery store. I feel like it's made for my right middle finger and it looks so elegant! I feel like an actual adult wearing it, so it seems fitting that it's going to be one of my eighteenth birthday presents, woohoo!

Source

It was getting closer to the time for our coach home to leave but how can you go down to Brighton and not go on the pier?! We took a quick walk along it (on which I fell over three times...) and bought some sticks of rock. We also watched some people playing that ridiculous 2p-tray-game in the arcade (let me know if you know the game I'm talking about!) and popped into Costa to warm up (their toilets get a rating of 6/10, a little shabby).

Source

That's just about everything we got up to today. I feel absolutely exhausted from all that walking and feel like I need a little power nap to pep myself up. I did have little visions of me bumping into Zoella as she now lives there but alas, no celebrities today.


I hope you all had wonderful days! xo


Song of the day:


3 comments:

  1. oooh bubble tea is so yummy!! i've never seen it anywhere in italy and i'm surely not going to cook tapioca pearls for hours for myself =/

    Barbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Lanes (however you spell/capitalise them) and wish I lived close enough to Brighton to go there regularly! Also I have more than once wasted far too much money on the 2p sliders. Those things are baaaad.

    http://whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a picture related post, you've been very creative. Congratulations on your 18th birthday!

    ReplyDelete