Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library"

2014 Blogger Challenge - post 11



At a first glance, this might just look like a disgustingly messy, super crowded bedroom and, yes, you'd be right in thinking that. But this post is going to be about collections, and I decided my favourite collection I have is my books, so the focus of this photo is the bookshelves. Books aren't something I deliberately went out and tried to collect, but I just happened to accumulate them because I was always buying them or being given them.


I love reading and I feel lucky that I have access to 255 books (diligently counted this morning) right here. Books on the larger book case are ordered alphabetically by the authors' last names, while the smaller one next to my bed has books from my, um, childhood, I suppose. Can you spot my whole Georgia Nicolson collection there? How embarrassing.


I don't really want to go through each book I have because it would be ridiculous but I've got one book I hate, and two that I love which I'm going to talk about.


Can you already tell how I feel about this? I love John Green, I really do, but not The Fault in our Stars. I have his other four books and they're all fab. I really like them and they're all probably somewhere in my top 60 books, but TFIOS can get right out. I wrote a post on it last year actually, so I'll link that right here. I've read it once and I can't quite bring myself to do it again. Maybe I should. Maybe I'll like it more the second time.



I couldn't pick my absolute favourite book because it's a pretty hard choice but these two are probably both in my top ten. The Virgin Suicides (which I've also reviewed) is such a chilling book but it really makes you stop and think. I have a lot of time for books like that and I feel like this is something that every teenager should read. It's going to change the way you treat people, I'm telling you now. And Adorkable, ah, where to begin? It's the whole reason I started this blog. It's the reason I met Jess. It's the reason that I know the balance between cynicism and optimism. Hell, I even dressed up as Jeane, the main character, at school one day. It's a book I'm going to make my daughters read and I'm always going to profess my love for Sarra Manning's writing.


And there end the post on my collection of books feat. my favourites and a least favourite. Have a fab day!

No comments:

Post a Comment