Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

August catch up

I feel like I haven't blogged properly in ages. I'm going to blame it on stressing about uni. I don't know why I'm freaking out so much about it because usually I'm a pretty relaxed person but oh my god, not right now. I don't know what to pack, what my course is going to be like, how I'll make friends, how I'll have enough money. Everything. I feel so under-prepared and it's kind of getting me down a bit.


I did find out where I'm going to be living though. I'll be in a house with five other girls. My bedroom is upstairs which is nice, and we're in a little cul de sac of fourteen houses, all of which are owned by the uni. So there's going to be 83 other students in our little close and hopefully lots of house parties! I bought some cute little fairy lights for my room there today, and I'm taking loads of sequinned cushions and India-inspired bed throws to jazz it all up a bit.


I'm moving up there in 4 weeks and two days and that terrifies me. My best friend starts her course in just over two weeks and my full time bestie/ part time boyf starts his in three weeks. It's all creeping up so fast and sometimes I feel like crying because I love my life down here so much and I don't want to move 200 miles away to live with people I don't know and to cook my own meals and not have my dad wake me up every morning and not bitch to my mum about annoying people. I really hope I love it more when I get up there. I don't want to be one of those people who drops out in the first few weeks. Or ever, actually. 


Wow, this post got depressing quickly! Not so much an "August catch up" as a "Friday evening cry fest". On a brighter note, I had my first coffee frappuchino from Starbucks today and I freaking loved it! Speaking of frappes, I did an extra shift at work on Wednesday and I was put on drive thru drinks, meaning I had to make everything drinky. Frappes, smoothies, fizzies, milkshakes, coffees - you name it, I made it. And then disaster struck: I broke the milkshake machine. I mean, I broke it to the extent where customers waiting for milkshakes had to be refunded and anyone wanting to order one was told that they couldn't. Something about not pulling the levers properly bla bla, I'm not too sure, but I do know I probably won't be entrusted with making the drinks again!


I hope you're all having a swell week and that if you're getting ready for uni, you're not freaking out too much!


Song of the day:


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh gosh the money part of uni is STRESSING ME OUT! Hoopefully it'll all be fine...

    On a more positive note: I've nominated you and your lovely blog for the Liebster Award!
    The post is here (http://fizikizi.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/liebster-award.html) if you want details! :)

    Kimmy x

    ReplyDelete