Pages

Saturday 6 December 2014

Decembering around

Happy December! This is by far my favourite month of the year. Everyone gets so excited for Christmas and there are lights and tinsel and presents everywhere and, above all, everyone seems so much happier. I think that's what I love the most. I don't feel like I've properly got into the Christmas spirit yet though because I've got two assignments to finish (to start too, come to think of it...) before I can go home. I finish uni on the 19th which is a week later than everyone else, so it's kind of a bummer that I'm missing all the reunion parties at home because I'm 200 miles away.


I'm currently all alone in my student house. The two girls who live upstairs with me have gone home for the weekend, and my two bezzies from downstairs are visiting their families too. There's also a French exchange student who lives downstairs but she's always round at her French-friends-from-home's houses, so I never see her. To make the most of this time, I've been singing SO loudly and walking round in my underwear. It also means that I don't have to wear headphones when I do my marathon skype calls, and I don't need to ask anyone if they're using the oven, or if they need the bathroom right now, and I don't find that my oven tray is coated in grease because my housemate from hell never fucking washes up for herself, or when she uses our things. Fucking hell.


Being alone is good because I'm not one of those people who can take being with other people 24/7. Can you tell that eleven weeks of this is a little bit much for me? I kind of need to get home now and sleep on a good mattress, and eat proper mum-cooked food, whilst sitting on an actual sofa. God, I miss sofas.


On the bright side, I have two advent calendars (fat shit, I know), a wonderful best friend, and a fabulous boyf. I also do actually like my uni friends (contrary to what it may have sounded like two minutes ago!!!) and I'm so lucky to have found them. I went out with a group of them on Wednesday this week for dinner and we somehow wound up in the VIP lounge in the club with free champagne?! I didn't even know it was going to happen so it was a great night. (Spot me in the dress I always wear...)



Aaaaand, even though I usually only go out once a week, I'd also ventured out on Monday night to a UV themed night at the best Christmas decorated club I've ever seen. I think it might have been the best night out I've had whilst I've been at uni. It was a lot of fun, and a trip to the chicken shop on the way home never goes amiss.




Finally, as tragic as it may sound, my boyfriend (still so weird saying that, it's taking some getting used to!) and I have made a bit of a habit of opening our advent calendars together on skype at midnight. It is a bit hard because he's 150 miles away but I think we're doing goooood, beatin da distance. Things like this make it a lot easier:



This was supposed to be a happy post but it's turned into more of a life update one. Hope you're all well and livin the dreaaaam.


Song of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment