Pages

Sunday 12 April 2015

18//19

Tomorrow it's my 19th birthday so I've spent some time lately flicking back through my old diaries and blog posts to this time last year, two years ago, three years ago. Birthdays are a good time to reflect on who you are as a person, and how that's changed, and the changes in general that life brings. I am so far from the person who I was when I was sixteen - as is probably expected! - and it makes me a bit sad because I don't want to grow up. I loved being in year 12 and being on the football team, having ten best friends, running every week, meeting rugby player boys at shit parties, getting a monthly allowance from my parents.


I'm feeling a bit sad about leaving my year of being 18 behind because these past 364 days have been the best of my life. I started going to clubs, finished school, went on a girls' holiday, went to my first festival, got a boyfriend, realised I'd fallen in love, got into uni, started uni, managed to get firsts at uni, made tons of new friends. It's been so amazing. I hope being 19 will be just as fabulous. I'm so lucky to have had such a wonderful time for this past year.


This is going to be my last teenage birthday and I'll probably cry because turning 20 really does mean growing up. And who wants to grow up?


Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment